What is 404 error by the best seo company in Pune
Skymo Digiworld the search engine ogranization explains below about the 404 code error how it works and what it is about.
- The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was requested.
- When the visitor cannot communicate with the server. Visitor gets a standardized undesirable 404 Error Page
- This is a very common error on the web and it occurs when you are trying to visit a page which has either been deleted or has been moved somewhere else.
- For example, if you change the structure of your website and move a certain directory to a different part of your site, anyone trying to visit the old page URL will get a 404 error message.
- A 404 error means "not found". This is usually the page you get when you make a mistake spelling page name in a site, or if the page is deleted or moved. The problem is that the standard 404 page is ugly and unhelpful.
- Made that custom page a redirect to the home page, so that any links (and PR) pointing to pages that have been deleted (or misspelled) will be passed on to the website